Monday, September 1, 2008

Trinoma

Yeah. I've never been to Trinoma before. I've never even been to the Manila Zoo. That definitely elicited some shocked expressions from my officemates. C'mon. Give me a break. I'm from another island! But that's about to change though.. 'Coz I've been to Trinoma yesterday. And it was... huge.

As usual, Marian came prepared. She already researched what food places don't suck. We chose to check out Holy Cow first. But, as luck would have it, it was still closed when we got there. It was cool. No need to panic. It was still 10am after all. We then checked out another resto on the list. And then another. They were all closed and I was already effin' hungry. Panic mode. You won't like me when I'm hungry. So don't ever keep me hungry. We tried the last resto on the list - Conti's. The concierge gave us instructions. I think it was left left right right left right up down a b a b select start. Pfftt.. Don't ask me how we got there. I don't know either. I was too busy trying not to cry.

I was already grumpy by the time we found the place. What the fuck man. We walked 5 miles to get to that friggin' restaurant. It's a good thing their food was pretty good. For P700, it wasn't bad at all. We ordered that prawn thingy and that parmesan fish thingy.
After the lunch, all was well in my world. I didn't care where Marian dragged me anymore. I didn't even notice we were walking for almost 2 hours already. We then decided to unwind in Timezone. We used to go to Timezone a lot. Back in Cebu, the manager already knew us. We were his regulars. I think we spent our life savings in that place.
We both looked stupid riding this thing. But we didn't care. 'Coz as soon as we got off, this 40-something-year-old guy tried the horsey game and looked a lot more ridiculous than we ever will. We played all the games there. For real. Every game. Even the kiddie spider stomping games. We played about 6 rounds of basketball. Marian won 5 of them. But it's mostly because I let her win. Ya know how it is. Meheh.

Go Go Balls. This one is probably one of my favorites. Apart from the zombie game and basketball (which I'm originally good at. I swear.)
We were Growling. Howling. Cursing. Grrrr.. Yelping. Hollering. Scratching and Biting. We were foaming at the mouth. My girlfriend was screaming 'hit that shittttttt...Hiiitttt.. Kill kill kill'. Shet. We even invented a cool new dance move. The balls were flying all over the place. Literally. We were so into that game that we didn't notice we already had a crowd behind us. Yeah. We were that noisy and frantic. Even the tekken players popped their heads out of their game. The picture above was after four rounds of that game. See? Timezone should really pay us to play their games.

We made out in that Van Gough booth too. Ok. Maybe not. But we did get our portraits taken. It was all good clean fun. I think we lost 5 pounds just running around that place. Fun. We gained the 5 pounds back after a few minutes though. We bought chocolates in our secret chocolate shop and didn't stop eating until we got home and realized our throats were already sore.

We then decided to watch Big Stan. Unfortunately, they weren't showing it until 5pm. So here begins our 5 mall tours. It was because of this movie that we went to 5 different malls in one day. Trinoma, Starmall, Edsa Central, Shangrila (we did buy some sandwiches here so it wasn't such a waste) and then finally Megamall. Marian was so exhausted that she slept through the first part of the movie. So we had to watch it again. No biggie. I like cuddling. After the movie, we bought original dvds. Yeah. We always buy originals if it's a gay movie. I'm a biased shopper.

Next stop.. Serendra. Never been there too. Don't give me that look, dude. I'll stab you. I'm already planning to go there. Alright? I heard they had my favorite cup cakes there too. This is going to be fun.

No comments: