Sunday, September 21, 2008

martyrdom

I must have been a saint in my past life. Shit. How uncool is that? Well, I'm at the office right now. And it's a Sunday. Working because my boss says so. Ultimate act of martyrdom. I'll shove it up his ass one of these days. But right now, I love it here. I love the people. And the pay, of course. But it's mostly the people.

Well. I'm bored. I must have been staring at the monitor for an hour now. I can't work. I hate corporate sites. I hate pricing engines. They suck. It would have been easier if I was working on something fairly recent. But these codes are friggin' oolllddddd. They don't have comments. It's not even documented. It feels as if it was made by really freaky Frankensteins. Fuuuccckkkk.. And now I'm stuck with it. I've never hated anything this much. It's a touch-it-and-die kind of code. Touch a single line and the whole commission page dies with it. They are scary to read. They are even scarier to touch. That's what I'm doing right now. I already have nightmares about these things. And I'm supposed to deploy it in the actual site. Fuck. I'm going to die. I'm stressed. So I'm doing what a model employee would do. Blog. And play games. Heee.. I love "working". Ok. So maybe I'm not such a saint after all. Shhh. Don't tell my boss.

We listened to Nyoy Volante's new cd before sleeping earlier. Yes. We bought originals this time. I like his voice. I dunno why. It sounds.. sweet. Plus he's a nice guy. And he's way cooler than I will ever be.

-- You're not mine
Hey you, I just wanted to say
How perfect you are in every way
Saying I love you at this moment would be way out of line
'Cause you're not mine

Hey you, I just wanted to say
How beautiful you are everyday
Saying I want you every moment right now is just not the time
'Cause you're not mine

Now don't get me wrong
This isn't a 'please be mine now' song
If he makes you happy, I'd even help you keep him strong
I could wish he was over, over and over, but that wouldn't be nice
So instead I'll just pray if ever he goes, my love for you never dies

How I would love to wrap my arms around you now
One kiss and one smile
I wish you were mine
I'm wondering why you're not mine

There's this other song but, for the love of me, I can't remember the title. I'll have to check again later.

So..

Ok. Nyoy Volante. What was I thinking! I think that puts a period to how uncool I am.

No comments: