Wednesday, September 3, 2008

yeba!

Yeaaahhhbbbaa!! I received some friggin' great news today. My high school principal just emailed me about my hs scholar - Florame Ylanan. She's on top of her year level. Astig!! She definitely deserves it. I'm so excited that I'll probably start saving for her Christmas gift right now. She's the eldest of six children. It's not really surprising. Most of the students there are dirt poor. There are so many co-alumnae/alumni that need financial help. I just wish.. Yeah.. I'm still wishing. It's a paying-it-forward kind of thing. People did this for me when I studied there.
UP HS is a laboratory school. We have weird subjects but I still thought we were getting really good education. I mean, I don't look too dumb, right? My mom was more excited that I was studying there than I was.. or will ever be. All I remember was thinking I was gonna die during the Chem labs. And the paking calculus is so mader pader. UP really is for the masses. I knew people who just dyed their shoes during graduation so that it would look presentable. Gawd.. But they are a lot better off right now. It was totally heartbreaking back then. But this is still freakin' great news! She's number 1! I feel like a proud sub parent.

No comments: