Monday, September 22, 2008

How Marian met Criso...

Let's talk about how I met her. Well, I was in my sophomore year (in HS). I was young, innocent and childish. Did I mention I only weigh 42 kilos that time? Yes, I was underweight back then. Too slim and frail. Scared that by any minute I may be blown away by the wind. Ahaha. Now, I'm making fun of myself. (But it's true. Still trying to find a pic as proof that I was once skinny.)

Anyway, I can't even recall why I was part of the Student Council or at least a representative for my class. So there I was with my friends in a supposed to be serious let's-plan-some-school-activities meeting. My friends and I were not really paying any attention to the meeting but instead we were just in the corner busily chatting and controlling our laughters. Out of nowhere, I suddenly noticed someone wearing a pretty cool pair of rubber shoes. (Funny but her shoes were the reason she caught my attention.) She's in her P.E. attire holding her white hanky (parang laba sa tide.haha). I searched for her face from the people in the room and there she was, sitting beside her bestfriend (Tessa). She's wearing her glasses and her long hair was neatly styled (ponytail). I found her cute and well-groomed. FYI, I'm a sucker for people who look and smell clean. So I was really excited to find out more about her. All I knew was she's a junior. But with no name.

I had a lot of friends in her batch. I then thought it's time for me to use my connections. So I bravely asked her classmate (Pearl) for her name. As soon as I knew her name, I then asked Pearl to let her (Criso) know that I found her beautiful. Wanna know Pearl's reaction? hahaha. Deadma. But at least she did tell Criso about it.

Whenever I like someone, I always make it a point to let them know. So Criso was not an exception. I was the one who introduced myself to her and she was too polite and just smiled. Oh yes, I made the first move. She was too shy to even utter a single word. Hey, at least I was just being very friendly. And that was the start of a wonderful friendship turned to an intimate relationship.

There were a lot of crazy/fun memories we shared during high school. We were so young and we were sooo in love with each other. We used to call each other funny names. I call her "Crispen Criso" because she mispronounced the famous Basilio's brother (Crispin) in her class. Our first date was watching the movie, For Love of the Game. Don't ask me what the movie was about because I wasn't paying any attention to it. I was too preoccupied about the date. After all, it was our FIRST date. It was also the first time we held hands. But for sure it wasn't my move.(hahaha)

Some people frown at us whenever they see us together but I was glad we didn't give a damn about them. (Screw them). We just enjoyed whatever we had. We were happy and no person could ever destroy it (not even my sister).

It was on July 8, 2001 that we became official. I was 15 and she's 17. People thought we won't last long because we were too young. What's love got to do with age? C'mon people. I'm glad they're wrong. Because it's 7 years after and we're still together. Still crazy for each other. Don't get me wrong, we had our share of fights too. Petty fights and major "cool-off" fights. But we managed to still patch things up. I'm so proud that from the once childish couple we were, we both grew to mature beings together.


Koi, thank you for everything. Thank you for fighting for me. And up to this day, you're still the one.


Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

Bridge:
They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

Chorus:
(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

No comments: