Tuesday, September 9, 2008

fancy shmancy

Serendra. No wonder it sounds fancy. It really is fancy. Beautiful shops. Beautiful fountains. Beautiful homes. Beautiful buildings. Beautiful people.

Messed up again. As usual, we were too early. We're always a little too early. We got there at around 9am. We had fun looking around the place. But at around 10am, I already felt the need to strangle someone.
(fuck. still cleaning. would you please hurry it up?)
You know how everything is fueled by something? Well.. The biggest factor in my life is my stomach. My biological battery was at around 2%. Just enough power to utter my last coherent sentence.
(passed out at 2%)
Close to self destruction. Begging Marian to go to market! market! and eat something. Anything. Of course, she had to carry me on her back. I was already babbling. But we made it. Thank God for Red Ribbon. My battery went up to 5%. Just enough to make me smile. We still had an hour or so to kill.
So like any sane person would do, we ran around the place shouting. Since everyone was staring at us (I think someone called the security personnel on us. Shet you. Whoever you are.), we took a seat and decided to just chill for a while.
(Nagpapacute.)
(So nagpapacute na rin ako.)
Ok. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to make faces in places where uber "fancy" people shop.. But who gives a shit?

(after realizing we only had 5 more minutes. weee. barring my fangs)

Finally. The gates of heaven opened. We ate at Abe. It's a pretty cool place.
We ordered prawns in some sort of heart-attack inducing sauce. Me thinks. Sugpo in aligue ng talangka. I don't know what a talangka is but I do know that aligue is some sort of fat. Yum, huh? Their sisig was fine. Ok. Don't order it. You can get better sisig dishes elsewhere. But they do have unlimited rice.Their service was awesome. For me, it was the cute waitress factor. For Marian, it was the "taking care of the unstated needs of the customer".
We didn't even ask them for anything. They seem to know what we need. Psychic connection.
They already added the service charge to the bill but we still left some money. Again, for me, it was because of the cuteness level of the waitress. And again, for Marian, it was the unstated needs shit.
Looking around the place, I kept on thinking about old people. Old pictures. Old memorabilia. Not too old smell. Really old music. This is an old person's place. Halfway through our meal, that's when the place was flooded by old people. I was right. It's an old people restaurant.
(cute waitress for background)

For dessert, we went to buy some cupcakes. Fuckin' expensive but still yummy though.

We then headed to market! market! Marian window shopped while I was staring into nothingness. It was the first Gaisano store we saw here in Manila. Then it was off to buy some groceries and then head home.

We did have something planned for the evening. We were supposed to laugh our asses off at a comedy bar with some friends. But when we woke up, it was raining shit. So we had to call the whole thing off and get back to our slumbers. We'll have to try again some other day. I woke up a few hours afterwards to head to work. I took a bath and as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom, I saw Marian with her puppy dog eyes.. asking me if I could take a day off from work. Heh. I think she missed me. So here I am. Blogging in my underwear.

No comments: