Saturday, September 27, 2008

blogging blogging 2

I'm starting to really like blogging. I can put down certain thoughts at certain times in my life. And then I can read them again and laugh at how stupid my thoughts were. Cool.

Now here is another stupid thought. Love.

I was browsing the net for any interesting stuff and I chanced upon an article about love. It talked about how it was better to have loved and lost than to have never loved and shit like that. There were so many examples about how a loser you'd be if you haven't loved and stuff. Blah blah blah.

So while I was in the bathroom, doing what one does in bathrooms, I realized it was all a bunch of crap. Stinky stinky shit.

I think someone wrote it to make it easier for you to move on and be "happy" about the pieces in your hollow chest that used to be a beating heart. It's like having a broken pair of ribs, where everything looks good on the outside and yet every breath hurts. And you're supposed to be thankful for it.

But no. They're wrong. It's not better to have loved and lost. It's the same fucked up thing as never having loved at all. So don't go and judge those who haven't loved. They might be better off than you.

Someone (meaning myself) once me asked if I could live my life without having found love (but with the premise that I know that it's there somewhere).

Yeah. Of course. Gladly. I mean, yeah, you've read about it. Romeo and Juliet. Love poems. Romantic shits. You've seen someone who has fiercely loved another. But you've never felt it. You never knew about love like that so you never knew what you were missing in the first place. How can you truly miss something you've never even known? It may be a pretty pathetic existence as seen by those who have "supposedly" loved. But for those who never knew anything about it, it's a sun shine-y existence.

Could you live your life having that love, knowing how it felt to be loved and then losing it? Can you live with the possibility of never finding it again?
Well. It's a stupid question. Because while you were constructing that question in your mind, you already knew the answer even before you asked it.

Would you hide from love? Stupidest of the stupid question. Because even though you're sure that evil witch will rip your heart out and make noodle soup with it, love (for lack of a better description) still makes one hell of a soup.

There's just no saying which one is better of the two. Don't get me wrong. I'm one of those people who have found and lost as well. It's addictive and I wouldn't recommend it to people with a weak heart. It's a vicious cycle. Love, broken ribs, love, wrinkles, love, eye patch, love, herpes, stupid freaky smile, noodle soup then more stupid stupid smiles. blah blah blah. If you're not ready, then too bad. Coming from this side of the fence, the other side has nothing to worry about. We find our own joys in life. You can stay on your side if you want to. Don't go looking for love if you're not ready. Don't jump. Nobody is pushing you.

Mmm.. I hate that article. It promotes suicidal tendencies.

No comments: