Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How Marian spends her life... Part 1

Criso and I are so compatible...We've got a lot of things in common. But, definitely not all. Despite the fact that we're together for as long as we can remember, there are just some things that we don't agree on. There are still things we do differently.

For one, whenever Criso and I went out to do some shopping in the ultimate shopping haven "Divisoria", she doesn't want me to bargain for more. I, in contrast, would beg for discounts since most sellers are speaking in our native tongue (Bisaya man day!) If this was a game, we were in the lead. It was our advantage. But Criso would interrupt me most of the time telling me the price was already surprisingly cheap. (Plus she's also a bit ashamed why I should ask for more discounts when it's supposed to be a business.) But in my thinking, these people won't give you such a low price if they're not earning anything. So despite her disapproval, I still worked my charm with the vendors. At the end of the day, there's still extra funds left and she will just sheepishly smile at me.(told you so, eb.) We splurge the remaining sum feeding our starving stomachs with our fave comfort food, sharksfin siomai. (you can buy it in this small food stall called yummy potdog.)

Criso is also the kind of person who won't buy anything unless what she has is completely worn out. Trust me on this, we usually go into a major debate just because she refuses to buy a new pair of shoes, or an underwear, or even as basic as a shirt. As stubborn as she is, she wins everytime. So what I do (just so she won't get mad), is surprise her with gifts like these. Instead of her whining at me, she would have no choice but to thank me. So yes, I'm her personal shopper and I'm loving that job more than anything.

If we have disagreements, Criso would prefer to be alone. She just wants to be ignored until she finally comes out of her senses. I learned this the hard way. I get pushed away several times whenever she's not ready to talk. So, knowing how she is when we're in a fight, I just wait...and wait..and wait..But the waiting doesn't take that long or else I'd tell her that she's overreacting for just a small misunderstanding. That cheers her up and we just break into laughter. Problem solved.(tsk.tsk.tsk) I may easily get jealous or mad and she may think I'm putting a big deal on things but what I really wanted to make my worrying stop is just a simple, comforting hug. That's it. Coupled with some serious talk over a comfort food(tamarind,santol,toblerone,ice cream etc.), we still manage to patch things up.

On her weekly off, it's very difficult to convince Criso to get up or even to take a bath. She just wants to lie down on the bed watching DVD series. And yes, she can do this for 24 hours straight. Well, some hours are devoted to us just cuddling and talking non-stop about anything. That's how lazy she can be sometimes. And as you can see, I tolerate her so that makes her extra spoiled. hahaha. (My excuse is that she deserves a break for working her a*s off on weekdays or is it pure dota playing?)

The list can go on and on, you know. My point is maybe this is one of the reasons why we are still a couple until now. It could be because we accept each other's differences. We get to compromise. We didn't force each other to change. Instead, we welcome change. I love Criso for being just herself. I love it when she's being honest on things. I love her more now that she's finding time to love herself. So there. We must be really soulmates after all.

No comments: