Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cabbie Patties..

I don't like taxi drivers. I don't necessarily hate them or anything. And I won't ask God to smite them. I just don't like them.

First. Most of their fare meters are waaaayyy too fast. I always pay extra. Plus, if you don't pay the exact amount, don't expect to get any change back. Tip : Don't look desperate. "Chillax". They see an invisible neon marker that says "just add 50 pesos". Well. To be fair.. There are a chosen few that are honest though. Whenever I meet a decent one, I seriously feel like I've won the lottery.

Second. When it rains, they act like the most prized commodities. They make you beg them to take you elsewhere. Shitholes.

Third. Schizophrenia. I rode a taxi a few days ago. I was minding my own business. Looking for pink cars. But then he said that he "feels" close to me.. He was right. We were close. I was sitting in the passenger seat. He said that I was destined to ride his taxi. Of course. There were no other taxis around and he was parked there for almost an hour already. But the best part was when he held my hand with slight tears in his eyes and said that I was his long lost daughter. Ok. Given that I've never even met my father, I'm trusting my mom actually knows his name. And I'm betting his name wasn't Manny. And, dude, I don't have a birthmark on my nipples. Nipples are supposed to look that way.

To my father for 15 minutes.. Nice knowing you. I do hope you find your daughter.

No comments: