Saturday, August 16, 2008

Girls and their shoes..

When Marian shops for shoes, she usually just leaves me in a corner somewhere. Mumbling. Computing the possibility of a zombie apocalypse. Thinking about killing zombies. Looking for exits. What food I'm taking. Where I can find weapons. Grenades would be awesome. Where I should head to. You know. Stuff. I'm easily entertained.

And then I looked up. Everything I was thinking about was completely forgotten. Carefully thought-about strategies. Logical next steps. Plan Bs. It was replaced by one thought.. and one thought only --------- What the hell?
Who in their right minds would wear such a thing? Who thought about this? And how is this supposed to be worn?

Girls and their silly silly silly foot contraptions.

Looking around, I changed my mind about shoe shopping being boring.

This one would be nice if you're dressing up to be Catwoman. (mmm.. Catwoman..)
Or if you're preparing for some snake attacks.
Shoes come from outer space.
Anyway, she had the hugest smile when she came back to my little corner of newfound fascination. And I knew. Yeaaaahhhh!! We can finally watch a movie!
She often asks me what I think. I have finally figured out how to answer such alien questions. I think it's pretty simple. If you see her with that goofy-i-have-found-my-true-love smile, it's a definite 'Yes'.
Since she got a 25% discount on this one, she chose this one to complete her shoe budget.
I thought we were done with 3 hours of shuffling and looking at about approximately 90 different shoe styles. Apparently, when girls find their shoes, they spend another hour looking around - doing their last round of inspection - just to make sure there's nothing she forgot to take a closer look at.

I think my mom forgot to educate me on this one. I rarely notice these stuff since I just go into auto pilot.

It's ok. At least, I have 2 shoes to blackmail her when I do something stupid.

No comments: