Wednesday, February 4, 2009

tug of war

Tug of war. Such a brute and messy game.

Should I keep on pulling? Until when? Until the rope breaks? What is the use when all we will ever be left with is half of what it used to be? Can we ever mend that? My hands are bleeding. Maybe I've held on far longer than I should have.

You love me more now. You don't know if you'll love me at all when the time comes. But the fact remains that you do love her. And you want to see her. Considering to even be with her. I'm not enough now to make you stay.. Maybe I'll never be enough later.

I will love my scarred hand because it will remind me of you. I'm hoping to find a stronger rope someday. I do wish it could still be the same rope. I won't deny that because that is the truth. No sense in hiding. But don't worry.. I have realized that I should stop pulling. No one should try this hard to be loved. To be chosen. To be someone's option. To pull with all your might.. No. Not at the cost of the person being pulled apart.

No comments: