Tuesday, June 23, 2009

.. shebu shebu

I always fly home twice a year.. (or else my mom will come over and kill me). It's not that bad. She always prepares my fave seafood when I arrive. So.. last June, I witnessed another proof that weirdness does come in old age.

This is my mom singing her lungs out to some sort of song while doing some sort of katutubo grinding dance. I do have a video of it.. But I really shouldn't. I'm the only one who can handle such a sight.

We went shopping the whole day. As expected of old people, they took a nap.
That's our dog. The one in the middle of their bed.. Not the one in red shorts. That's my mom's bf. I call him "uncle". They've been together for 15 years now.
Anyway, I think that dog thinks he is human. A very moody one as well. He always cuddles up to me and has been tailing me the entire time I was home. The first thing he did when I arrived was to lick me all over and to take a chunk out of my slippers.

She also told me that they forbade Boo (our dog) to go outside because he might catch the AH1N1 virus. Of course she was only kidding but our two house helps were uber serious in following her orders. Speaking of househelps, we have two already! She took in the second one because she noticed that the first one was a bit lonely. I hope those two don't get lonely anytime soon.

By the way, I already came out to my mom. I was expecting some sort of.. "motherly shit". I did hear something "motherly" but it was far from being "shit". I was half expecting "shit" (my mom can be irritating sometimes) but you never know with her.
She said : "Anyway, I love you and I support you. Don't hide anything from me because I'm the only one who will fight for you and your sister."
++++ points for mama! Love you too, Ma.

No comments: