Friday, June 12, 2009

on trips and such : bangkok, thailand

Just got back from my very first out-of-the-country trip.. I am finally free from my DOST handcuffs and will be visiting other places soon (I hope).

Well.. I think Sanga has already detailed our trip in her blog (it's already super long and di pa yun tapos!! heeee..) so I guess I'll just add my experience.
(retouch.. hee hee.. you're the cutest ever)

I did love Dumbo even though I seriously considered pulling all of his forehead hair out. Malikot sha.. which reminded me of someone (yes.. including the butt scratching part). Plus may isang kagat ako ng elephant tick. I'm hoping it won't cause some sort of incurable disease shit coz that will totally suck. So far, it's healing quite beautifully. I looks like a mosquito bite. Or maybe it is just a mosquito bite? Kawawa naman si Dumbo. Pinagbintangan.
(princess ipac and her driver)

It was scary at first but after a few minutes, I decided that Dumbo would be awesome on EDSA. Can you imagine the possibilities?

And as I said, the places we visited were surreal. Like we were in some sort of postcard.
(buddha pose)

(sanga's version complete with hair)


Sanga really loved the place. She likes old things. It made me think as well. What did it look like before the war? We saw what was left of some really nice stone work on the walls. The palace must have been breathtaking.
(pre nup daw sabi ni denins)

Bubu loves to shop. I probably accompanied her to all Thai shops (believe me when I say there are MILLIONS of them. MILLIONSSSSS!!!). She lights up when she sees dresses. Bumibilog mata nya at parang may konting laway na tumutulo. Ikot lang ng ikot. Her eyes where everywhere. Parang mumu.
(comatose na paa ko. di ko na magalaw. had to sit or else they'll have to amputate my feet)

(drooling again at the airport. di pa pala tapos)

I, on the other hand, light up when I see food. I vowed to subject my tastebuds to anything it can handle. I loved how cheap their mangosteens were. It's only 20 baht per kilo. Here, it's almost 180 or something. In the Mindanao area, they're about half the price.

It was a sweet experience over all. I'd love to visit the place again someday. I'd probably wear super comfy shoes since I know Aisa will definitely take on Chatuchak again. Dread dread. Buti nalang may halong hugs. Not so dread na.. :)

(bat parang mas gumaganda sha sa ibang bansa? o baka lang dahil yun sa icecream at nadamay lang sha sa kagandahan sa paningin ko?)

No comments: