Monday, October 27, 2008

mt. gulugod baboy

I went on my first climb last Saturday. And I'm still alive! I can hardly wait for the next climb actually.. heee.. I'm definitely gonna buy proper gears this time.

We climbed Mt. Gulugod Baboy. I think it's somewhere in Batangas. We just paid 1k and Nestea (our IT guy and mountain thingy expert) took care of everything so I didn't really pay that much attention. I only wanted to climb the thing. We only shelled out P100 for the bus fare. It was actually pretty cheap, diba?

(I don't know why people have a thing for taking a picture of sleeping people.. They almost got me here. I opened my eyes just in time. Di naman obvious no? Parang emo lang.. The girl who has a thing for sleeping people is Alta.)

(Before we endured 4 hours of hiking, we ate at the only open restaurant there. That's April and Karen)

(This was the first pit stop. Buko pandan ice candy for sale! Nestea ate about 10 of those when we got there.)

(Hanging out at Alta's tent)


(The morning after. Posing at the summit. Hoping we won't get blown away by the strong winds.)

(Our campsite. With horses roaming around.. Paolo thought the horses' neigh was some sort of ring tone. We didn't really see anything that night because of the fog.)

(Macao - Nestea's crazy little bro)

(Seaside resort. After finally taking a bath.)


Notes for my next climb:
1. Don't bring 4 liters of water. You will die.
2. Don't bring a huge tripod for your camera because you will die.
3. Bring salt. Armpit juice is salty but it's also disgusting and definitely does not work. Tried and tested.
4. Do not look for a bathroom in the middle of the night because when you do get back into the tent, your tentmate will think you are a mumu and will kick your ass. But one should not blame your tentmate. There are a lot of mumu around.
5. Do not panic. Horses do not eat tents.
6. Try not to slip into the ditch, break everything, and die.
7. Stargaze for as long as you can.

Now, I'm still contemplating how to clean my hiking boots. In its current state, it would seem like I'm wearing a clump of mud.. Ay. Hindi na pala masyado. But it's still pretty dirty.

There's a lot more pictures in my friendster account though. Yeah.. I took back my account from my sister. I got so bored with my life that I actually updated it. Plus it's a really good way to store pictures. I hope it doesn't die or something. 'Coz that would just suck.

No comments: