Tuesday, October 21, 2008

baguio sniffles

We went to Baguio for the weekend. I'm proud to say that I survived hypothermia. I almost froze to death. But it was mostly because I was wearing shorts and slippers. I know what you're thinking. I'm a special child. The nails on my feet were blue. I was afraid they would die and fall off so I kept on staring at them. Para mag blush. But natakot lang sila. Tae.
It all started on a bus. We were supposed to ride the regular P460 bus but the next schedule was for 4am. It was only 12 midnight so we decided to ride the deluxe one for P710. I think it's actually better to ride the deluxe one since it's very comfy and you won't have a sore ass afterward.

So.. Baguio was.. crowded. I don't know where all the people came from. But still, it was awesome to feel close to nature.
(Walking around Burnham. Yes. It's a foggy 6am. That's Marian, Emily - Marian's sister and Marvin - the boyfriend)

(Marian has a future in driving a 'padyak'. You can rent bikes there for P30 an hour.)

(On the Burnham park 60 peso boat ride)

(Marian : Sariling Sikap with the picture taking)

I think we have a thing for solo pictures. Nobody really thought about taking group pictures. I guess it has something to do with posting stuff on Friendster. Meh. This was on the SM Baguio viewing deck. By the way, SM is on top of a freakin' hill. WTF. Marian almost died on the way up.

Dinner was at Oh My Gulay. An all vegie resto. It's an awesome place actually. Very artsy. I have a pretty high respect for those people. It's located at the La Azotea penthouse along Session Road. The walk there is kinda creepy actually but once you get there, you'll appreciate the view.

(Awesome sunset no?)
(Epok feels like a goat with all the grass around)(Molesting the woodman. He liked it. I'm sure.)



The next day, it was all about taking as many pictures as possible. On my last count, we had about 2 thousand pictures. Auughh.. If anyone would make me pose for a picture right now, I'd probably make that person eat the camera.
(Semi fresh strawberries at the strawberry fields. Too bad we weren't allowed to pick them.)

(Trying out the souvenirs)

(Neon monkeys. Oh! Ais, I bought a bonnet. Bleh.)

(Nope. There won't be strawberries for a few more months.)
(Pied piper. Hey.. I do know how to play 'Mary had a little lamb' on this thing. And Silent Night. I think. Well, it sounded like Silent Night.)


Next stop was Mine's View Park. There are so many parks in Baguio. For real. We all enjoyed eating the pusit and corn here though. Yumm.. We had about 3 servings of those things.
(Ang katutubo)
(Smile Take 1)(Smile Take 2. Marian said I looked sad so I had to redo most of the pictures. Meh. Epok is in the background to serve as my smile model. Dude, it was HOT! and COLD! At the same time. Ang weird lang. So I can't really smile.)

(Again, hot and cold at the same time.)

(I swear. It's the weirdest feeling ever.)

(Hanging out at Wright Park)



Miscellanous stuff in Baguio. There are some interesting things there actually.
(Reminds me of Greek houses. But for the love of me, I don't know how they get there. I don't see any stairs and stuff.)

(Cool cactus no?)

(This is Tricia sampling the sundot kulangot. The most pointless pasalubong I've ever bought.)

(1pm. meheheh.. the foggiest and coldest 1pm ever)


I think I fainted a couple of times on this trip. This place is so conducive for snoozing. I'm loving it.
(On the ride back from the Strawberry fields)

(Somewhere In Wright Park)


Yeah. That's about it. I love the weather there. And the millions of people on the streets. And the ukay ukay - You can buy a shirt for P20. Nice huh? And the myriad parks. Love the parks. You really should visit once in your lifetime.

No comments: